Re: Name lookup/DNS resolution mechanism of libcurl

From: Michael-O <1983-01-06_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 20:46:44 +0200

Hi Günter,

Am 2013-04-11 14:24, schrieb Guenter:
> [..]
> in addition I've commited another small fix for the c-ares MinGW
> makefile in order to automatically create ares_build.h when building
> from Git:
> http://svwe10.itex.at/cgit/cgit.cgi/c-ares.git/commit/?id=2004a7a1115e25128170e40470eba8603f7080da
>

> please test if you have some cpu cycles ...

Did you actually see my last mail [1] with tests?

Now, I have cloned from Git.

c-ares compiles fine.

I have compiled plain (lib)curl in three runs with ares, async and sync.
Virtual Box adapter has been enabled for testing.

ares: name resolution works flawlessly and fast
async: horribly slow as before
sync: even faster than ares

This makes me think, either the adapter is seriously broken or there is
some defect with the asynchronous resolution.

Any ideas?

Btw: I have linked dynamically. Static linking can be tested upon request.

Mike

[1] http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2013-04/0150.html