Error codes from SFTP

From: Sam Deane <sam_at_elegantchaos.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 20:08:59 +0100

On the topic of SFTP, am I right in thinking that there's no way to retrieve the error code from an SFTP quote command that has failed?

It seems that the error string returned by sftp_libssh2_strerror is output, but not the code itself.

It seems a little bit fiddly to have to parse the strings to figure out the error, so I was wondering if the code can be returned in data->info.httpCode.

I've done a little experimental hack to try this, and it seems to work ok, but I wondered if there's something I'm missing? A slight abuse of the httpCode field perhaps - but it doesn't appear to be used for anything else with SFTP.

Have enclosed a small patch illustrating what I mean. It's probably in the wrong format (sorry), but I can clean it up and send you a proper patch if you think it's a sensible approach.

- Sam -

sam deane / @samdeane | elegantchaos.com / @elegantchaoscom | mac and ios software development