Re: Could not build curl 2.29.0 under Ubuntu linux (lucid)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 19:49:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013, Dmitry Sukhov wrote:

> I'm trying to build libcurl 2.29.0 under Ubuntu Linux (lucid). Build fails
> on running tests stage: only test number 237 has failed:

(it is 7.29.0, not 2.29.0...)

The build is not the test though. It seems the build is fine but a test case
fails.

> PASS ftp_at_example.com
> PWD
> PASV
> +TYPE I
> +SIZE 237
> +RETR 237

> PS On libcurl 2.28.1 all tests passed well.

That test was effectively unmodified between 7.28.1 and 7.29 though.

I can't explain why it fails like that for you, but it seems your system has
some magic that makes the test case run longer than it is supposed to.

I've not seen this before. Can you try a git/daily snapshot version and see if
it happens in that as well?