Re: [bagder/curl] efa548: ftp.pm: Made Perl testsuite able to kill Windows p...

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 18:18:47 +0200

Hi LRN,

2013/4/6 LRN <lrn1986_at_gmail.com>:
> The only advice i can give is to treat tskill failures gracefully. W32
> is known to put processes into a state in which they still exist, but
> cannot be interacted with, probably due to the fact that OS is
> dismantling them at the moment. Killing such process at that time will
> fail with "Access denied", no matter who you are or what permissions
> you have.
> If that happens, i'd advise to wait for a second or two (the best way
> is to wait on process termination, but that requires Win32API; you can
> instead just wait for short amounts of time in a loop, then check
> whether the process is dead; or just wait for the full amount of time,
> if performance is not a goal), then check if the process is still
> alive and try again if it still is.

thanks for the advice. As for as I can tell, the Perl testsuite
already takes care of checking multiple times to see if a process is
still alive. And there are multiple places it tries to kill and
cleanup obsolete processes. I am currently heavily testing the
testsuite on Windows 7 while trying to eliminate corner cases.

Best regards,
Marc