RE: POP3 DELE not deleting

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 16:02:55 +0100

Hi Brett,

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013, brett kaylor wrote:

> I am using curl-7.29.0 on Windows.  I can connect, list, and
> retrieve POP3 emails, but cannot seem to delete them.  The
> return value indicates success, but the message is still there.

Everything looks okay from the log you posted as the server responded with "
OK Message 1 deleted".

However, from the server's point of view the email is only queued for
deletion and not actually deleted until the "QUIT" command is received.

Unfortunately, v7.29 doesn't honour the verbose option properly when sending
the QUIT, so I cannot tell from your log if it was sent or not.

Are you closing libcurl down properly?

Additionally have you tried using the curl command line utility to see if it
works against your server?

curl pop3:// mail.XXXX.com/1 --user username:password -X DELE -I -v

Kind Regards

Steve