Re: commit d1effad0524bcb4763e06659b728ba134464608

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:15:12 +0100

On Thursday 28 March 2013 02:18:43 Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
> Ok, for example take a look at fedora's build
>
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/curl/7.24.0/6.fc17/data/logs/x86_64/build.log

What exactly is wrong with the above Fedora build? I see that preprocessor
flags specified in rpm configuration are passed to gcc. Here is a Fedora
build with curl-7.29.0, which does not seem anyhow broken at first glance:

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/curl/7.29.0/4.fc19/data/logs/x86_64/build.log

The only thing we patch in terms of handling CFLAGS is that we prevent
configure from discarding -g in non-debug builds, which the Fedora build
system uses for generating debuginfo packages:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/curl.git/tree/0102-curl-7.29.0-debug.patch

However, we use the above patch since curl-7.19.4-4.fc9.

Kamil