Re: HTTP PUT not receiving peer cgi's error response

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 00:04:28 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013, Andreas Frisch wrote:

> In my peer application which is supposed to invoke the put operation, i
> could never receive the server's error response, instead it kept calling the
> READFUNC and upload forever, even though the cgi-bin had already terminated.

My advice in a single word: simplify.

I can't follow your description, I think your code is really hard to digest.

You say your libcurl-using app doesn't work properly when doing a PUT? Then
write the app to only do PUT to a generic HTTP server somewhere and make that
work first before you integrate into your other logic.

> sp.curl->res = curl_easy_pause(sp.curl->easy, CURLPAUSE_SEND) seems to be
> ineffctive too, since the READFUNC is started anyway, neither does it pause
> if i return CURL_READFUNC_PAUSE there.

Can you provide us with a full recipe we can use and see if we get the problem
as well?