Re: SSL error after fork()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 23:53:38 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013, anon anon wrote:

> I'm getting an SSL error in the child process after calling fork(). I made a
> short program that can reproduce it. Basically, if I make an https request,
> call fork and return the parent process, and then make a second https
> request, curl_easy_perform returns 35.

Hm, what happens if you call global_init() in the parent/child after the fork
and then try the libcurl calls? It seems your problem is related to OpenSSL
and I don't know how well it handles fork() or what requirements it then puts
on the application...

> I'm using libcurl version 7.29.0 and openssl version ___.

That's a strange OpenSSL version!

> For more details, see my stackoverflow question:

Please keep details on the list to get help from people on the list!