Re: Recent IMAP changes

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:44:33 +0100

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 12:11:27AM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Personally I've not found that to be much of a problem with the
> existing tests. As long as the <info> tag specify the protocol
> properly, runtests.pl can filter out specific tests/protocols (and so
> can grep).

And for those who don't know, you can have the test suite run only
subsets of tests using keywords. For example,
  make test TEST_Q='-a -p POP3'
will run all the POP-3 tests only. Naturally, the <keywords> section
has to be set up properly, but that's already the case for the 8xx series
tests.

> On Sat, 9 Mar 2013, Steve Holme wrote:
> >In summary, I would like to propose that the tests are numbered as follows:
> >
> >800 to 849 - IMAP
> >850 to 899 - POP3
> >900 to 949 - SMTP
> >
> >I don't think we will make use of 50 tests per email protocol anytime soon
> >but I would like to ask if anyone have any issues with me doing this?

I just don't see the need. There are already lots of protocols mixed up in
other sections, and the keyword-based test selection means that test numbers
just aren't that useful for selecting tests.

>>> Dan