Subject: Re: VMS fixes needed to allow building.

From: Tom Grace <Thomas.Grace_at_amdocs.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 18:03:04 +0000

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 23:38:05 +0100 (CET)
From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
To: libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Cc: "John E. Malmberg" <wb8tyw_at_qsl.net>

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Tom Grace wrote:

>> First question> Im I supposed to be using a more recent version?
>Yes. That is a really old version. We've done VMS changes much later, with the
>most recent modifications done just a month ago. Consider using git or a
>recent daily snapshot!

Ok , ill put that in-work.

>> Second questions> Is the suggestion to HPSSL or OPENSSL?
>I don't know exactly what HPSSL is, but if it is something that is completely
>separate from OpenSSL then libcurl doesn't support using it so OpenSSL is the
>only choice.

It does appear that I supposed to use HP-SSL. Its installation seem solid.
But the current version on the machine is 1.3-281 based on openssl 0.9.7e ok
So I guess we also need to get a newer version for this too.
Some surfing shows a version of 1.4-467 based on openssl 0.9.8w is available.
Question which version should I use with the latest version of curl ?

Thanks