RE: Problem with SMTP using libcurl

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 17:03:04 +0000

Hi Volker,

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Volker Schmid wrote:

> we are sending SMTP mails using libcurl. On many systems
> this works fine but on sone systems it does not.
>
> This is the wireshark protocol. It shows that libcurl sends
> some RSET command after successfully setting some RCPT.

Are you sure this log is of your libcurl based app?

Whilst I recognise RSET as a valid SMTP command, this command is not
currently supported by libcurl's SMTP module (Please feel free to have a
look in lib\smtp.c yourself).

The currently supported commands are:

EHLO, HELO, STARTTLS, AUTH, MAIL FROM, RCPT TO, DATA and QUIT

> Any idea what causes libcurl to send RSET in this moment?

Whilst I have thought about extending the supported commands to include
RSET, NOOP and VRFY I have not made a business case for it at the moment.

As such you have me totally stumped as to what could be sending that RSET :(

Kind Regards

Steve