Re: curl-7.29.0: 'curl' executable fails to link against custom-built OpenSSL

From: Jeroen DR <voetsjoeba+curl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 21:58:46 +0100

You're right, libcurl.la does contain such a line:

$ cat lib/libcurl.la
dependency_libs=' -lssl -lcrypto -lz -lrt - L/home/ct-dist/myopenssl/lib'

Still though, these flags are apparently not being included on the
final command line that libtool (?) executes.

And yet, the -L/home/ct-dist/myopenssl/lib bit*is* there, which could
only have come from `pkg-config --libs openssl`, which I know to also
include the -lssl -lcrypto bits. Is it slicing and dicing? What's
going on?

(I have much to learn about libtool, forgive any ignorance).