curl_easy_cleanup Not Closing Connections

From: François Veyres <fveyres_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 09:22:00 +0100

I'm using libcurl 7.22, and doing a simple FTP get via the multi
interface. Everything works fine, but I notice when the transfer is
complete and I do a curl_easy_cleanup() the FTP control connection is not
closed. When I do a curl_multi_cleanup() and curl_global_cleanup() the
control connection is indeed closed.

Looking at the CHANGES I can't see anything that would affect this in later
releases. Is this a known problem, or am I misunderstanding something?

Of course, you might say "use the latest release", or "show this behaviour
with a simple test program" ;) That'd be a tad difficult as I'm developing
on a deeply embedded system and libcurl is integrated in it and in the
application. Before pursuing that I'd just like to know if this is
expected behaviour in 7.2.2.

Thanks.

François