RE: proxy resolution failure

From: CP, Ambika <ambika-p.c_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 06:29:22 +0000

Hi Daniel,

>When you connect the network again, is the DNS server still present on the same IP as before or does it change?
The DNS server remains on the same IP. (The DNS primary and secondary server IP addresses remain the same).

>Can you figure out with strace and/or network snooping what is or isn't happen correctly at that point?
I do not see any DNS resolution packets coming up on capturing network traces.

>I assume this is libcurl built to use the default synchronous resolver backend?
My libcurl is built with the '--disable-ares' option (I presume this makes it use the default resolver)

Thanks,
Ambika