Re: Got a 230 ftp-server response when 220 was expected

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:09:00 -0700

On Feb 19, 2013, at 2:57 PM, Anders Havn <anders.havn_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I compile the source for iOS with SSH and SSL support? I have
> tried to google for this, but it seems quite difficult, so I hope you
> can give me some pointers or help me in any way.

For SSL, see my personal home page for instructions and a pre-built binary that supports SSL 2.0 through TLS 1.2: <http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/libcurl-ios.html>

SSH on iOS is complicated for political reasons. libcurl relies on libssh2 for SSH, and libssh2 relies on a cryptography engine with a big number data structure, currently OpenSSL or GNU's engine. iOS comes with neither, only CommonCrypto, which is Apple's library. And CommonCrypto has a big number data structure, CCBigNum, but it is unfortunately part of the private API, and Apple does police App Store apps for usage of private APIs, so using it would lock your app out of the App Store. And statically linking your app against libcrypto etc. would complicate putting your app on the App Store because now your app would contain strong cryptography, and IANAL, but I'm pretty sure Apple would limit your app's audience due to cryptography export regulations (if it isn't rejected for that reason).

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>