Re: Errors/crashes with FTP using multi interface?

From: Sam Deane <sam_at_elegantchaos.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:51:26 +0000

On 13 Feb 2013, at 22:51, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> You don't need to convert anything to our "standard test format", but if you want us to really be able to help you debug this then you must help us repeat the problem. The easiest way to do that is for you to write a new and stand-alone libcurl-using app (I'd prefer it being in plain standard C) that repeats your application's behavior and then hopefully(!) also repeats the bug.

Thanks Daniel.

I understand that you need a repeatable bug in order to help. I do have that, in the form of the unit test that I mentioned.

I also understand why you'd like a plain C version, but that will take time, and I'll have to ask if my clients are willing to fund it :)

I think I could strip away the Objective-C layer, but I don't think it would make sense to strip away the use of GCD, as it will change the code so fundamentally that it won't really be the same situation at all at that point.

Much as I'd love someone to step in an help debug it though, I do realise that this is an open source project. My main purpose in mailing the list was simply to put the problem out there, on the off-chance that someone recognises the symptoms and knows what I'm doing wrong (or confirms that it's probably a libcurl bug).