segmentation fault when finalising a "clean" multi handle

From: Marco Maggi <marco.maggi-ipsu_at_poste.it>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 12:34:05 +0100

Ciao,

  it has been quite some time since I stopped following this
list, so I apologise is this was already discussed (I found
nothing in recent posts in the mailing list archive, neither
in the bug tracker).

  On my i686-pc-linux-gnu, with cURL 7.29.0, the following
program will work when the if test is 1 and fail when the if
test is 0.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <curl/multi.h>

int
main (int argc, const char *const argv[])
{
  CURLM * multi;
  multi = curl_multi_init();
  if (1)
    {
      CURL * easy;
      easy = curl_easy_init();
      curl_multi_add_handle(multi, easy);
      curl_multi_remove_handle(multi, easy);
    }
  curl_multi_cleanup(multi);
  exit(EXIT_SUCCESS);
}

  Finalising a multi handle that never has seen an easy
handle causes a crash? This was not happening with version
7.27.0.

TIA

--
Marco Maggi