Re: SSL handshake problems

From: plot.lost <plot.lost_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 20:40:59 +0000

On 10/02/2013 19:38, Guenter wrote:
> Am 10.02.2013 19:37, schrieb plot.lost:
>> What happens for curl running on other systems where OpenSSL also causes
>> the same problem, is there anything that can be done within curl to
>> change the OpenSSL behavior to fix this?
> hard to tell what are 'other systems' since I didnt read what is your ;-)
> (means: tell us on what OS you are seeing this issue)
> also have you tried to connect with the openssl cmdline tool without
> specifying a ssl version and if so do you see the issue there too?
>
> Gün.

It's Ubuntu 10.04 LTS i686, using Open SSL 1.0.1a which was compiled
using just ./config followed by make, no additional options provided.

Connecting to that server using the basic openssl command line does hang
before failing as well. If I add -ssl3 or -tls1 to the command line it
works, if I add -ssl2 it fails immediately. It's only where no option is
given that the problem occurs. I get that this is a problem within the
OpenSSL that I have, I was just trying to find out if there is a way of
working around it.

If nothing else, I'll just go with using -3 for everything and hope I
don't end up trying to connect to something which only supports TLS