RE: SMTP messages are destroyed by Exchange 2003 only

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 15:32:38 +0000

Hi Volker,

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Volker Schmid wrote:

> I might be in the wrong discussion group but I'm
> using cURL to send SMTP messages. The point is,
> that the messages seem to work fine in general.
> But if a Exchange 2003 server is somewhere in
> the loop, the attached file is destroyed after
> about 3000 bytes (depends on message size).

I have tested against Exchange 2003, and pretty sure those tests involved
attachments, however and unfortunately I don't have a 2003 test server I can
verify this with at present :(

> I cant see any error in what I'm sending and so I
> thought that maybe one of you guys knows about
> MIME and is able to tell me whats wrong?

Most of what you've done looks okay to me... Have you tried expanding the
content-disposition header in the attachment sub message to use the size
attribute?

I would also recommend setting creation-date and modification date
attributes as well, so that the email client has the opportunity to save the
original file data where possible. For example:

    creation-date="Thu, 07 Feb 2013 15:30:00 GMT";
    modification-date=" Thu, 07 Feb 2013 15:30:00 GMT"

Kind Regards

Steve