Re: libcurl: Problem when connect to a shared hosting server over ftp+ssl

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 09:00:37 +0100

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 02:16:01PM +0700, chu ngoc hung wrote:
> Here is my log (when disable host/peer):
[...]
> * FTP 0x282dda0 state change from QUOTE to PASV
> * Connect data stream passively
> < 229 Extended Passive mode OK (|||38012|)
>
> *   Trying 69.195.91.50...
> * Operation timed out
> * couldn't connect to host
> * got positive EPSV response, but can't connect. Disabling EPSV

This is a sign of a likely firewall, either at the client or host end. Strict
firewalls don't let arbitrary TCP connections through, and since this
ftp connection is encrypted, deep packet inspection doesn't help. Try the
--ftp-ssl-ccc option to send the control connection in the clear, or try the
--ftp-port option to make the data connection be initiated from the server
instead of the client.

>>> Dan