Re: Test 254 (passive FTP) still fails for me

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:11:02 -0700

On Jan 30, 2013, at 4:24 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> Test 254 is supposed to send a EPSV but in your log I see PASV instead! Can you check ftp_state_use_pasv() and see if you can figure out why?

I checked, and lo and behold, conn->bits.ipv6 is set to false even though the connection is definitely an IPv6 connection. So I searched for where that was set, and found it in lib/connect.c. When I put a breakpoint on the line (currently line 999 in the trunk), it wasn't being hit at all when debugging the test. It turns out that the function is returning early on line 988, which explains why that bit isn't being set. So at least it's not a protocol error…

I also tried running the test on Ubuntu and it passed. I'm guessing it used IPv4 for the localhost connection, though. If you can force it to use IPv6 by making it connect to ::1, then you should be able to reproduce the problem.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>