Re: example domains now redirected

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:43:46 +0100

Hi Daniel,
Am 29.01.2013 14:36, schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> Well, they still worked. They just got a slightly less interesting
> response.
hehe, true ...; what I meant was that they produced no output any
longer, thus making it harder to see that they still work ;-)

> Yes. The only way we can know if a cert is signed by a trusted CA is by
> having that trusted CA's cert in our bundle. A typical curl build will
> however find and use a default ca bundle to use.
ok, it was more the specific text; I couldnt find 'self signed' in the
curl source tree, and curl_easy_strerror(60) gives me:
Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates
I assume that this error message comes from OpenSSL then ...

> I object!
yeah, thought this, and therefore asked :-P

> *If* we would change the URLs in any example or docs (which I obviously
> don't think we should)
neither do I ...

Gün.