Re: Patch to get Windows proxy settings

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:04:57 +0100

hi!

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Cedric Bosdonnat
<cedric.bosdonnat_at_free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wrote a small patch to read Windows IE manual proxy settings and use
> them (as curl already does with http_proxy and friends). I'll try to
> find some time to enhance this patch to also read the automatic proxy
> configuration for Windows.
>
> The curl shipped with LibreOffice contains will contain this patch from
> LibreOffice 4.0.0.
>
> Thanks for your reviews,

Thanks for your work :)

Some comments or questions:

- this patch may cause troubles or simply fail for any process not
being impersonated (not running under a given user)
  it is almost all apache setup, IIS with php supports impersonation
but it is not necessary enabled

- Should it call FindProxyForURL prior to WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser?
  I never used them directly, so pardon me if the questions are too obvious :)

- could you add the necessary changes to winbuild/ too please?

Cheers,

--
Pierre