Re: IBM AIX xlc compiler internal compiler error

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:23:59 +0100

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:12 AM, Frank Chang <frank_chang91_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Tor Arnsten, We just tried ./configure CC=xlc followed by make. The IBM-AIX
> compiler error log is shown below.
> It may be either an IBM-AIX xlc internal compiler error or a problem in
> the progress.c source file. If you have time, could you please look at
> ./lib/progress.c? Thank you for your help in replying to my December 10,
> 2012 post.

There is nothing special about progress.c, you can see it compiled in
the autobuilds, e.g.
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/log.cgi?id=20130121023437-2191
Just search for 'progress'.

> make all-am

How do you build? I do the following when building from Git:

export CC=xlc
./buildconf
./configure
make

Note:
- If 'make' is not GNU Make in your $PATH then use 'gmake' or
'/opt/freeware/bin/make MAKE=/opt/freeware/bin/make'
- If you build from a tarball instead of Git then skip the
'./buildconf' stage (just check if there's a 'configure' script there
already, if it is then skip './buildconf')

If it fails with internal error then there's something fishy with the
compiler installation on your system.

-Tor

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail and any attachment contain KONGSBERG information which may be
proprietary, confidential or subject to export regulations, and is only meant
for the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use is
prohibited, if not otherwise explicitly agreed with KONGSBERG. If received in
error, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender
properly.