Re: [curl:bugs] #1183 curl FTP upload performance degration version 7.28.1

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:51:05 +0100

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2013, Daniel Theron wrote:
>
>> I am in the process upgrading curl from version 7.19.6 to version 7.28.1
>> on our Solaris 10 servers. I have written a unix script to do file upload
>> tests with ftp & sftp, and with different file types like binary and ascii
>> (dos and unix).
>>
>> With the script I noticed ftp uploads take about 2 to 3 times longer with
>> version 7.28.1 compared to 7.19.6. sftp upload speeds seems to be ok.

I did some testing of 7.19 and 7.28 a short while ago and noticed
something similar but I'm not sure it's related. I did not test ftp
but I tested scp and sftp uploads. This is all anecdotical because I
couldn't follow through with more measurements at the time, but what i
noticed was that scp seemed to perform much worse on 7.28 than on
7.19. sftp had less, if any differences (I quickly abandoned more
tests with 7.28 because the scp performance was so bad, I just had to
get reproducible results for sftp with scp as reference and did the
rest of my testing with 7.19, with the idea of getting back to 7.28
later).

-Tor

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail and any attachment contain KONGSBERG information which may be
proprietary, confidential or subject to export regulations, and is only meant
for the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use is
prohibited, if not otherwise explicitly agreed with KONGSBERG. If received in
error, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender
properly.