RE: [bagder/curl] 13606b: build: make use of 93 lib/*.c renamed files

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 21:24:27 +0000

Hi all

> I count it as such. Let us give ourselves 24, 48 hours to let other
> express themselves, if they desire so.

I must admit I'm not all for it but saying that I'm not dead set against it
either - given the choice I personally wouldn't do it.

However, I am all for consistency. So if we do revert the changes I would
also like to see the other curl_ files, such as curl_ntlm* that were changed
18 months ago, as well as new files such as curl_sasl that I added changed
as well.

On the other hand, if we decide to prefix files to indicate they are part of
the curl command line tool or part of libcurl, I would like to ask is
"tool_" and "curl_" really the best choice of prefixes? In that sense I
would prefer "curl_" and "libcurl_" / "lib_" for example.

On a purely selfish note, the rename does cause me to edit the Visual Studio
project files I have for vc7.1, vc8, vc9 and vc10 but if we have a prefix
I'm sure I'll cope with it ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve