Re: Not able to cross-compile curl for ARM uClinux

From: Bernard Evensrud <bevensrud_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:15:57 +0100

2012/12/14 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Bernard Evensrud wrote:
>
>> Also tried to compile some other small programs, both C and C++ (adding
>> the -lstdc++ parameter of course). Compiles and runs. These programs is
>> compiled with make, and do not have any configure scripts.
>

> So save a C source file as main.c that does printf("hello world\n"); in its
> main() function. Use only plain C. A fine compiler (in this context) should
> then be able to do this:
>
> $ arm-elf-gcc main.c
>
> ... and there should be no warnings at all, and there should be an "a.out"
> file created that is the executable you can execute on target.
>
> Compilers named "arm-elf-gcc" usually imply that they are more bare-bones
> and won't work as simple as that (and the config.log test failure seems to
> prove that). Does your gcc?
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Thanks to your help maybe I have found something. Using an example
'Hello World' application in plain c, when compiling without other
options than "-Wl,--elf2flt" it does make a working executable. But if
I do not specify a filename it will be called "-r" and not "a.out" ?!?
Normally when I have compiled my software I have always been using the
-o option to set my own output filename.
Now the error makes sense, as it is checking default compiler file
name before it stops executing.

This confirms that there really is problems with my toolchain?

Bernard E.