Re: status update: multi-always

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 16:08:34 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>> Sounds like there could be a problem with the closure handle introduced in
>> the connection cache patch. :-(

> Yes, I suspect that as well but I haven't pinpointed this exactly yet so....

Turned out test 808 wasn't written properly, so the response the POP3 server
sends to the LIST command is broken and it confused libcurl. While dealing
with weird responses properly certainly is a requirement, I've now modified
the test case as a first step since it makes the test pass.

Next, I found and fixed a bug in pop3_doing() that broke test 809.

I modified test 813 to not expect a QUIT - this is because when the protocol
specific parts of the "connect" sequence fails, we internally consider that a
"premature" abortion and such premature problems won't get a QUIT sent. This
is basically because we lump slightly too many problems under the same
umbrella but I don't think this will cause any harm. Possibly we can revisit
some of these choices later on...

Now I'm on test 1050 which fails mysteriously... (FTP-IPv6 dir list, EPRT with
specified IP)