Re: Potential Fix to curl 7.28.1 for HPUX 11.11 CC compiler </usr/include/sys/rw_lock.h> compiler error

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:52:41 +0100

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 05:22:10AM -0500, Frank Chang wrote:
> Dan Fandrich, Thank you for you reply. Here is the /usr/include/sys/
> rw_lock..file for HPUX 11.11 for your potential review if you have the
> time. The offending lines are around line 169. You may contact me at
> frank_chang91_at_hotmail.com or frankchang91_at_gmail.com if you have any questions.
> Thank you for all of your help the past week and half.
>
> /* @(#) rw_lock.h $Date: 2001/02/02 16:37:40 $Revision: r11.11/1 PATCH_11.11
> (PHKL_23302)
> */
> /*
> * BEGIN_DESC
> *
> * File:
> * common/sys/rw_lock.h
> *
> * Purpose:
> * Header file for kernel read-write locks implemented in sys/rw_lock.c.
> * The HP-UX read-write locks were ported (with some modifications)
> * from OSF/1, hence all the copyrights from the OSF/1 code.

I see a lot of copyright statements in this file, but no indication that
you're allowed to post it to a public mailing list. Last time I checked,
you had to pay HP $1K to get their OS.

The source of the problem is pretty obvious by looking at the header;
The compile error was deliberately introduced to catch an obvious
problem with the TRUE and FALSE definition. In any case, Daniel just
pushed a fix to gopher.c to remove the includes altogether, so this
won't be a problem in future releases.

>>> Dan