Re: R: run time error with test_curl.exe

From: Maxime Larocque <maxmtl2002_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 14:25:42 -0500

Hi Donato,

Le 07/11/2012 06:42, Donato Settembre a écrit :
> But, when I compiled in “release mode” , the compiling process goes
> successfully, but the execution fails immediately, with the following
> message:
>
> Unhandled exception at 0x772fe3be in test_curl.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
> violation reading location 0x520b8a27.
>
> (Original message in Italian: “Eccezione non gestita a 0x772fe3be in
> test_curl.exe: 0xC0000005: Violazione di accesso nella lettura del
> percorso 0x520b8a27”).
>
> According with Visual Studio 2010 displayed info, the error is related
> to Ms “free.c” function when it attempts to free a block in the heap;

I do not think that the trouble lies within free.c... most likely, an
invalid buffer is being freed by the caller.

Did you try to run the Release mode application from within the Visual
C++ debugger? It would help a lot to have a back trace; even if it can
be somewhat crippled being compiled in release mode. You can activate
logs, add printf, whatever to try to pinpoint the problem.

We can't help you much more than this, since an Access violation can
mean anything...

Maxime