RE: HTTP/1.1 response using libcurl handle

From: Yehezkel Horowitz <horowity_at_checkpoint.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 09:16:10 +0200

> I am using libcurl for client only but in application there is need if server wants to start communication by requesting to the client using GET. so I just want to send HTTP1.1 200 OK header with no data and then normal client side communication will happen.
> For this one response only, including complete server library seems to be not good choice for my embedded apps.

So you have a mix of server and client in both sides (interesting point is how the server will be able to find the client, which usually solved by static IP or having both on the same machine).

Still you need a library that will have the **server side** logic. There are many projects that do this, you can see libmicrohttpd (http://www.gnu.org/software/libmicrohttpd/) as an example.

HTH

Yehezkel Horowitz