Re: Build error: with_ssh2=static, VC9, makefile.vc

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 01:29:57 +0100

Hi Jan,
Am 30.10.2012 23:18, schrieb Jan Ehrhardt:
> Vanished once again under the radar? Or did I miss a patch?
no and no :-)
I was just otherwise busy, but good you pinged again! Just pushed a
simple patch:
https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/c81eb7e226be6c8ead3865592f3f2487fab4caeb
I hope that fixes the issue; I did also remove the debug suffix since
none of the other depndent libs have this, so not sure why libssh2
should be with debug code; it seems that the whole makefile lacks of any
debug settings for the dependencies, and probably it would make sense to
support this, but I'm currently not up add this - patches welcome if
someone needs it!
Would be cool if you could test that now everthing's fine with the
makefile - either with next daily snapshot or directly from git.

Then I recall that there was some issue with the winssl code too which
you mentioned before - is that still an issue? I think there was
something where we should block something in the makefile so that its
not possible to specify more than one ssl lib ...?

Finally two other things:
1) we have also nmake makefiles in lib and src (which are use from main
makefile); would be cool if you could take a look at these too (but in
git are only Makefile.vc6, the other *.vc8 and *.vc9 are generated by
the release script, so you have to test this with a daily snapshot if
you have VC8 or 9); also one line in Makefile.vc6 I just found very strange:
CFLAGSSSH2 = /DUSE_LIBSSH2 /DCURL_DISABLE_LDAP /DHAVE_LIBSSH2
/DHAVE_LIBSSH2_H /DLIBSSH2_WIN32 /DLIBSSH2_LIBRARY /I
"$(LIBSSH2_PATH)/include"
why the heck do we disable LDAP support when we build with ssh2 support???

2) I did also recently modify the nmake makefiles of libssh2, and would
be great if you (or someone else) could test these too ...

Thanks, Gün.