Re: How can i get the SSL context from a curl handle

From: Oscar Koeroo <okoeroo_at_nikhef.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 18:37:36 +0200

On 18-10-12 19:43, Mayank Kumar (mayankum) wrote:
> Resending since I didn't get any response. Is there a way to extract the
> ssl context for the https connection initiated so that we could use
> SSL_read on the socket handle extracted from the curl handle.
>
> From: Mayank Kumar (mayankum) Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 4:08 PM To:
> curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se Subject: How can i get the SSL context from a
> curl handle
>
> Here is what I am trying to do :-
>

> 1. Initiate a https connection using curl_easy_perform
>
> 2. Extract the socket from curl handle
>
> 3. Extract the ssl context from the curl handle and then use
> SSL_read to read the data from the socket since the other side will send
> encrypted data written using SSL_write.
>

> Not sure how to get 3 working.
>
> Thanks Mayank

I'm inclined to simply answer: This is already taken care of by libcurl.

A libcurl build against OpenSSL would even use SSL_read() to get a hold of
the data. Perhaps this libcurl example might be helpful:
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/getinmemory.html

The magic is that libcurl will provide you the decrypted data through the
CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION callback, for example. No need to bother with
SSL_read() on the libcurl end.

does this help?