Question about NOCWD and CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH

From: Mehmet Bozkurt <mehmet.bozkurt_at_xware.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:24:24 +0200

Hi!

I'm using libcurl version 7.21.1.
Currently I'm developing an application which uses WILDCARDMATCH to
retrieve a file-listing matching a provided pattern. This works fine as
long as I'm not running with CURLOPT_FTP_FILEMETHOD=CURLFTPMETHOD_NOCWD.

However, I need to run with NOCWD because the application will access
different types of target systems; systems not understanding 'regular'
file paths, such as /user/ftp/ etc.

Running with the NOCWD setting causes an CWD "incorrectly" (for my use
case at least) being issued during a transfer with a wildcard pattern
for the target file. I've found the lines in the libcurl code which
changes the FTP filemethod mode to MULTICWD if it set to NOCWD.
Commenting the line and running again works fine, but the change might
cause a subtle or not so subtle bug that I haven't discovered yet.

So what would be very much appreciated and time-saving is if anyone can
give me some pointers to what I might be breaking with this change.

Thanks,
Mehmet.