Re: SSL failed with curl for self signed certs

From: Peter Sylvester <peter.sylvester_at_edelweb.fr>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:36:30 +0200

On 10/12/2012 10:20 AM, Oscar Koeroo wrote:
>> There is no such such thing as a 'more standardised' way.
>> if one gets something different than snake oil without
>> state and location ... :-)
> LOL! Well, what I wished to imply here was to point to the certificate RFCs
> and the requirements of a valid X.509 v3 certificate. Not having a subject
> in a CA certificate will not make it an X.509v3 certificate with a CA
> purpose. My apologies for the ill communication.
Was there a question about not having a subject field at all?

I wasn't clear: When you see either Snake Oil as organisation
or "state" in countries outside a few countries where this
make sense for identification, then the certificate creator has
at least spent some time thinking ... which still doesn't
mean that the result is better :-)

Peter
PS: This discussion should not be here bur in curls-users if at all