Re: Curl with DER certificates format when verifypeer is enabled

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 11:04:40 +0200

On 9 October 2012 10:26, bala suru <balaqemu_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have converted my client side certificate using the below openssl
> certificate .
>
> openssl x509 -inform der -in certificate.cer -out certificate.pem
>
> I added this pem foram certificate at the curl and ran my test . But still
> the same problem , Can you suggest some way to dig more in to this problem
> ..

Try turning on VERBOSE mode to see if you get more details.

Also, as it says here:

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html

"CURLE_SSL_CONNECT_ERROR (35)

"A problem occurred somewhere in the SSL/TLS handshake. You really
want the error buffer and read the message there as it pinpoints the
problem slightly more. Could be certificates (file formats, paths,
permissions), passwords, and others."

See here for a hint on how to do this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8912772/c-and-curl-how-to-get-ssl-error-codes

Here are some possible causes: