Re: basic FTP functions

From: Maxime Larocque <maxmtl2002_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 08:39:45 -0400

Hi Khaled,

Le 03/10/2012 08:17, Khaled El Manawhly a écrit :
> I'm trying to make a command line program that allows for basic FTP
> functionality over an SSH connection.

Do you want a sftp functionality (sftp is the file transfer protocol for
ssh) or a traditional FTP somehow put over a SSH connection?

> Specifically I need to open a connection, then ask the user which of
> these functions he would like to perform:

curl uses libssh2 to provide sftp connectivity; you can check it at
www.libssh2.org <http://www.libssh2.org/>. Take a look at the libssh2
examples. It may be a better fit for your application, if you only plan
to support sftp. Otherwise curl is good at supporting a number of known
and less known protocols.

Regards,

Maxime