Curl error with openssl for CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER set to true

From: Indtiny s <indtiny_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:03:30 -0400

Hi,

I am trying simple curl-openssl application where curl client also needs to
verify the peer with the self signed certificate .

handshake gets stressful and data is exchanged when I disable peer verify
to 0
 curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER,0L);

But when I enable the curl to verify the peer
 curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER,1L);

I get the below error .

* SSL connect error
curl_easy_perform() failed: SSL connect error

How to debug that where the connection is throwing error .? I have
provided the correct path for my certificates and keys .

Rgds