Re: Proxy CONNECT over SSL channel

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 00:00:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012, Obaid Mushtaq wrote:

> I want to send the proxy CONNECT over HTTPS connection as our proxy refuses
> connection if it sees it in clear text. I observed that libcurl is not
> re-using the connection but creates a new one (HTTP - clear text) before it
> sending the CONNECT.
>
> An SSL connection *#0* exists to the subject server (used for another
> purpose before the proxy CONNECT is used). See the logs at the end. I am
> using the easy interface for libcurl. Is it possible to achieve what I am
> looking for?

Yes, I believe that is a limitation of current libcurl. The ConnectionExists()
function doesn't take into account that a "regular" proxy connection can be
bumped to do a CONNECT without doing a second connection.

Yes it can be fixed, but it would require enhancing an already rather
complicated function.