RE: Possible patch about http custom header is used for proxy connection

From: Pingzhong Li <PLi_at_fiberlink.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 15:09:10 -0400

> Dan Fandrich Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 2:47 PM
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 04:37:05PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> > I would like to introduce a complement to CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER that is
> > used only for CONNECT requests. Called CURLOPT_PROXYHEADER or
> > CURLOPT_CONNECTHEADER perhaps.
> >
> > The headers provided to CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER would then not be used at
> > all in CONNECT requests.
> >
> > What do you think about using that approach?
>
> Backwards compatibility would be an issue. But if you keep the current
> behaviour until the app sets a CURLOPT_CONNECTHEADER (even to set a
> dummy or NULL header), it ought to work.

Hi, Daniel,

I agree with you here. When I made code change at the libcurl code we have, due to that it is just a patch release to fix customer issue, it is really to minimize the change at libcurl so the simpler approach is taken which is not generic enough.

Hi, Dan, good point about the back compatibility.

Regards,
Pingzhong

Fiberlink Disclaimer: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.