Re: timeout_ms not working on iphone

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 23:39:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012, Goncalo Leal wrote:

> I'm using cURL in my iphone app and everything works perfectly except for
> the CURL_TIMEOUT_MS, in fact a strange behavior is noticeable:
>
> If i set values <= 8000ms, it works perfectly, but if i set bigger values,
> the timeout just doesn't occur.
>
> I've also set other types of Timeout such as CURL_CONNECTIONTIMEOUT_MS and
> LOW_SPEED_TIME which work just fine.
>
> Any ideas why this is happening? I've thought that could be related to IOS
> once i've not found any similar issue on the web.

You're leaving out so many details that would be next to impossible to tell.
Like:

Which libcurl version? What libcurl interface/function are you using?

What's libcurl doing at the point (8000ms) into the transfer? (a verbose
output would tell)

Which protocol are you transferring at the time?

Downloading or Uploading?

I don't know iOS at all. I figure it is built to use the stock synchronous
name resolver? Could it be a very slow name resolve that's going on?