Re: One or more libs available at link-time are not available run-time

From: Jeremy Hughes <jeremy_at_softpress.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:53:29 +0100

Hi Daniel,

> 1 - you need to specify the "prefix" directory, not the full dir since it
> needs to find both the $prefix/lib and $prefix/include and the relevant
> files in there (and there is no $prefix/lib directory in a regular
> libssh2 dev tree, I have a lib -> src/.libs symlink for that).

That's more or less what I'm doing, except that I'm copying the include and .libs folders into the "prefix" directory, as follows:

cp -r include/ ../include
cp src/.libs/libssh2.a ../libs

The one significant difference that I noticed is that your symlink is called "lib" and not "libs".

After renaming my "libs" folder to "lib", everything works again!

I don't know why (or when) this changed between 7.21.0 and 7.27.0.

Thanks for helping!

Jeremy