Re: One or more libs available at link-time are not available run-time

From: Jeremy Hughes <jeremy_at_softpress.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:43:56 +0100

Hi Dan,

>> Does 7.27.0 require additional libraries that aren't needed by earlier
>>versions?
>
>Yes, it has optional features that can require new dependencies. You
>should still be able to disable those features in the configure script
>to return to the same feature set as earlier versions, though. Try
>running "curl-config --libs" on the installed earlier and newer versions
>and compare the results to see if there are new dependencies in your
>configuration.

The only "installed" version that I have is the version that comes with Mac OS X 10.6.8.

curl-config reports that this is version 7.19.7 and --libs reports -lcurl.

But that doesn't seem to help me much.

What I'm trying to do is to build a static version of Libcurl that has SSH support - the installed version doesn't support SSH - and which we can then link with our application.

We're currently using 7.19.4, which we built without any problems. I can also build 7.21.1 without problems. What I can't do is to build the latest version (7.27.0).

Building Libcurl to support SSH involves building openssh2 (./configure --with-openssl). This works fine.

The problem occurs when I try to build Libcurl. 7.19.4 and 7.21.1 build without any problems (./configure --with-libssh2="$LS/Libssh2")

7.27.0 also builds OK if I omit --with-libssh2, but it fails at the configure stage if I try to build with libssh2. The error says:

configure: error: one or more libs available at link-time are not available run-time. Libs used at link-time: -lssl -lcrypto -lldap -lz -lssh2

Do you have any suggestions for how I can investigate this problem?

Is there a way of discovering the actual names of the libraries that are referred to in the error message? E.g. -lssl is presumably /usr/bin/openssl.

Has anyone successfully built 7.27.0 with SSH support on a Mac system?

Jeremy