Re: sws test server with --fork

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 14:29:51 +0200

Hi,
Am 01.08.2012 19:01, schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2012, Joe Mason wrote:
>
>> My new test just stopped working even with --fork. Don't know why...
>> I'm leaning towards extending the sws server to use poll() and
>> multiple sockets in the same process. That will take care of concerns
>> about serialization of the log files, etc, and make sure we don't lose
>> any state.
>
> Yes I think it is a good idea. It will also be easier to kill the server
> etc.
unless we also provide an alternate code path (with select?) for
platforms that lack poll() the recent changes break the testsuite on
Windows because:
1) WSAPoll() as equivalent to poll() is only available on Vista and
later [1]
2) WSAPoll() seems to have bugs [2]
3) MSYS has serious problems running on anything later than WinXP [3]
4) WSAPoll() does currently not yet appear in any MinGW headers [4]

therefore I have stopped all my recently added MSYS/MinGW autobuids
because they are now useless since the testsuite cant run anymore, and
for verifying compilation the Linux-based cross-builds are good enough.

Gün.

[1]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms741669%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
[2] http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2012-07/0310.html