Re: curl_multi_perform will never return CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM (and suggested fix)

From: Alan <jkabeal-curl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 19:00:26 -0700 (PDT)

If it works basically the same, what was the reason for having CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM return code in the first place? ________________________________ From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> To: Alan <jkabeal-curl_at_yahoo.com>; libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> Sent: Saturday, August 4, 2012 2:54 PM Subject: Re: curl_multi_perform will never return CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM (and suggested fix) On Fri, 3 Aug 2012, Alan wrote: > If there are a lot of  easy handles in a multi_stack and multi.c just loops internally until there is no more data to transfer, the application could act like it is not responding for short periods of time. i.e. as long as any easy handle needs to process data, multi interface is blocking. Please correct me if I am wrong. It's not correct, as it will only loop through all easy handles exactly once. Also, note that the curl_multi_socket_action() API is the high performance function. -- / daniel.haxx.se