curl lib sftp crashing

From: madhusudana yn <madhusudanayn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:54:59 +0530

Hi all,

I am using curl library 7.20.1 and ssh2 library 1.3.0 on x86 platform with
centOS.

I have a remote server that is password less, it's OS is installed in such
a way that it won't prompt for password at all for any kind of logins
including ssh.
I am trying to upload/download a file from/to remote server from my host
machine(with above mentioned config). On the URL to curl API, I am passing
a junk password in the password field.
I am facing crash in ssh2 api. following is the core assessment.

-- Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0 0xf7ed105f in libssh2_session_last_errno (session=0x0) at session.c:1252
1252 return session->err_code;
(gdb) bt
#0 0xf7ed105f in libssh2_session_last_errno (session=0x0) at session.c:1252
#1 0xf7eae017 in ssh_statemach_act (conn=0xbaba25c, block=0xe921817b) at
ssh.c:1456
#2 0xf7eb053b in ssh_easy_statemach (conn=0xbaba25c) at ssh.c:2420
#3 0xf7eb0cb5 in sftp_perform (conn=0xbaba25c, connected=0xe92181cf,
dophase_done=0xe921822f) at ssh.c:2777
#4 0xf7eb0a28 in ssh_do (conn=0xbaba25c, done=0xe921822f) at ssh.c:2639
#5 0xf7e95d3b in Curl_do (connp=0xe9218238, done=0xe921822f) at url.c:5268
#6 0xf7e9b9ea in Curl_perform (data=0xbabb4bc) at transfer.c:2049
#7 0xf7e9c3cc in curl_easy_perform (curl=0xbabb4bc) at easy.c:556

what could have gone wrong here? is there a fix for this?

thanks,
madhu