Re: Using libcurl in win32 DLL in MVSC 2010

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 22:34:14 +0200

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:00:48AM +0200, Bej Glee wrote:
> I want to create a win32 DLL what use libcurl. My goal is: read a HTML page and
> get back as string.
> An external program (not C++) call this DLL, and get the HTML page in string.
> I want to create ONE dll which contains the necessary resources (all dll).

Then you'll have to statically link libcurl and all its dependencies
into your single DLL.

> The project build successful -> dll has been created, but when I call getHTML()
> function I get error: "cannot load library 'example.dll' (error 126)".
> Someone can tell you what to set in the project?

You didn't provide any information as to how you linked your DLL, so we
can't tell what went wrong. Chances are, it's depending on another DLL
(such as libcurl.dll) which isn't available. There are dependency
walking tools available for Windows that should show you what
dependencies are missing.

>>> Dan