Re: Unable to build libcurl on mingw with curl-7.26.0 -> Daniel

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 05:35:28 +0200

Hi Daniel,
Am 19.07.2012 02:29, schrieb Doug:
> oh hey, _that_ worked.
>
> Hm... it still kind of sucks though, because it's wrong by default
> when you do a git clone.
>
> Which means anyone cloning the archive will have a failed build.
>
> I think I'm going to stick with forcing everything through dos2unix;
> it increases the build time by about a factor of 2, but on the other
> hand, it works regardless of the client git settings.
>
> (I've already had one person tell me that my archive didn't build
> correctly for exactly this reason. It's the tip of the iceberg...
In order to prevent others from running into this same issue I think we
should add a note to
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/source.html
right after 'Windows users might fancy tortoisegit or msysgit.'
*Note*: msysgit ships with a gitconfig which causes almost all files to
be converted to CRLF format; if you intent to run a configure build with
MSYS/MinGW then this will badly fail! You have to edit gitconfig and
change the setting in the [core] section from 'autocrlf = true' to
'autocrlf = input'. Another option is overwriting this setting when you
clone: git clone -c autocrlf=input URL

Another option we could do in our GIT would be to at least add *.c and
*.h to .gitattributes to so that they are also always forced to be
checked out in LF format; AFAIK all compilers can deal with this.
See also:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2517190/how-do-i-force-git-to-use-lf-instead-of-crlf-under-windows

Gün.