Re: no output wanted (resend)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 14:29:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 8 Jul 2012, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

>>> If there's currently no simple way to do that, may I propose that make
>>> that possible? E.g. by calling the write function only if it is set to
>>> a custom func or the file handle being not NULL.
>> Sorry, I must be missing something here. What would be the point of that?
>
> It seems that I created some confusion. Sorry for that. It's really not a
> big deal. As I wrote: All I want to do is to let libcurl perform a HTTP
> POST, discard the server's reply (the data, not the response code of course,
> which I get with CURLINFO_RESPONSE_CODE). I just thought that it might be a
> good idea to support that inside of libcurl.

Okay, I understand now! =)

Well, I don't think your idea here is bad but I'm bit reluctant to change
details in this area as I am convinced there are existing applications in the
wild that set things to NULL in various combinations already to get the
functionality of existing libcurl. So keeping the existing ABI is more
important than introducing a very small short-cut to future applications I
think...