Re: Porting libcurl on Android with SSL Support

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 12:18:25 +0200

Hi Tancho,
Am 05.07.2012 10:46, schrieb Tancho .:
> Please share your thoughts, I was more interested in the how rather than
> the if in this question :)
hehe ...
The way I go for compiling is described in ./docs/INSTALL ...

> How do I disable OpenSSL engine support in curl and still be able to
> make https calls?
I dont think such is required; configure detects this self afaik ...
go to the curl download page and fetch the Android build, and tell me if
it works for ya; I can provide the OpenSSL build which I did directly
from unmodified OpenSSL sources; so I dont know what changes others or
Google do to OpenSSL, but I'm curious to get aware of any requirements;
my Android build works for me with https on 2.3.1, 3.2 and 4.0.3 ...
maybe there were requirements in the past with older NDKs, but with NDK
7c and 8 compiling (lib)curl and its dependencies works without hassle
for me ...

Gün.